Dust and fingerprints can really ruin your movie night enjoyment, but cleaning a TV screen isn’t as simple as cleaning the windows. There’s are a whole lot of cables and electrical components hiding behind the screen itself, and if any liquid is allowed to breach the seals, it can ruin the TV.
Cleaning a TV screen follows the same principles as cleaning the screen of your laptop, so why not do both at the same time?
The truth is, no one likes getting a new ultra-cool high-performance TV with all the features they always wanted, only for the viewing experience to be spoiled by dust, dirt, and fingerprints.
So here’s what you’ll need:
- Several clean dry lint-free cloths
- Distilled water
- Spray bottle
- Mix up a solution of distilled water and vinegar. The 50/50 liquid should be poured into the spray bottle and given a good shake to thoroughly mix the contents
- Unplug the TV from the wall socket and remove any periphery devices
- With a clean dry cloth, gently wipe over the TV screen to remove any loose debris and dust. Make sure you get into the corners
- Spray the distilled water/vinegar mix onto another cloth, being careful not to soak it
- Using a circular motion which minimizes smears and doesn’t put too much pressure on the pixels, gently wipe over the screen
- If any stubborn smears remain, use a drop of neat vinegar
- Allow to dry
- Gently polish the surface – again using circular movements, with another clean, dry cloth.
There you go – one beautifully streak-free screen ready for the perfect movie night.
There are more TV cleaning hacks right here: