When weather, work or other, more serious situations prevent us from getting out in the fresh air on our bikes, what can we do?
In the US cycling, whether traditional or on an innovative electric bike, is an increasingly popular way of achieving your daily exercise, with more than 47.5 million regularly getting on their bikes in 2017. Offering the perfect cardiovascular workout, whilst burning calories and melting fat, this low impact exercise is easy on sore joints, allowing them to gently stretch and open, increasing flexibility. It’s also excellent for toning the lower body.
So, can we still get our cycling fix indoors? Yes, absolutely!
Exercise bikes offer all the benefits of a regular bike, plus some hidden bonuses. For example, without the need to steer, you can easily grab a set of weights and work your upper body at the same time, plus it’s much safer than heading out on the roads, the optional resistance setting can be instantly adjusted – no more getting halfway up the hill and having to give up, and you can watch your favorite soap, or even work, while you exercise! Many models include screens to display your workout data, such as heart rate or calories burnt – over 600 an hour is possible, and some are even Bluetooth enabled.
Our foldable bikes can be easily taken down and stored when not in use, allowing you to exercise in any room you wish, even if you haven’t got access to your own home gym.
First off, this is a good-looking well put together machine. In shiny chrome, with a sublimely comfortable seat, and offering an easy mount/dismount, the large LCD display monitors your exercise data with a clear readout. With height adjustment, torque settings, and an 8-level magnetic tension control system, this foldable exercise bike offers a range of workouts whatever your level of fitness.
What We Like
Whether you have a home gym, or exercise in front of the TV in the evening, this bike is a good looking piece of kit. It offers a versatile range of settings in order to provide a fully customizable exercise routine, all based around the smooth rolling pedal action. Compact when set up, yet folds away to save space, or for easy carrying, Exerpeutic have produced an efficient and functional exercise bike.
What Needs Improving
The mileage display does reset back to zero after 999.9 miles. Whilst this is annoying, the good points far outweigh this minor issue.
Perfect for your home gym, or the corner of the living room, this exercise bike offers a versatile combination of resistance levels and tension for a great workout. It’s easy to recommend something as good as this!
$156.21 in stock
2 used from $103.43
- 【ENOUGH RESISTANCE FOR ALL FITNESS LEVELS】- Level 1 is perfect for beginners while Level 8 will make anyone work for it. Other bikes don't come close to our max resistance. Don't waste money on a bike that will be too easy in a few months. Get a bike that can grow with you.
- 【300 POUND WEIGHT CAPACITY】- Solid steel frame has been providing safe and effective workouts for over 10 years.
- 【COMPACT & QUIET】- Perfect for smaller spaces, this exercise bike folds into a 22" x 20" footprint. So quiet, you won't disturb anyone in the room.
- 【EASY READ LCD COMPUTER】- A Large 3.5" x 1.5" LCD screen makes it easy to see your Distance, Calories Burned, Time, Speed and Pulse.
- 【ADJUSTABLE SEAT HEIGHT】- Fits users from 5'3 to 6'1. Perfect for starting a fitness journey with your partner.
With silver and blue livery, this solidly built, compact exercise bike, although basic, is an impressive piece of kit. Offering back support, the seat is softly cushioned, a large LCD monitors your data, and the tension levels are easily controlled by a readily accessible knob.Textured safety pedals
What We Like
We like the textured safety pedals, enabling you to keep your feet firmly stuck as you pedal away, and although controlled via a knob, the tension settings are simple to adjust, providing an individualized exercise program. Pulse grips allow the handlebars to monitor your heart rate, which is displayed on the large print monitor. Folding near-flat for storage, its final size is smaller than the average golf caddy.
What Needs Improving
This exercise bike is heavier than it looks once folded flat, however, the high quality wheels make moving it simple.
If you’re looking for a foldable exercise bike that’s efficient, effective and provides a good workout, this is well worth considering.
$147.99 in stock
4 used from $134.10
- Solid X-frame design folds to just 20.5" x 20.5" of floor space when not in use
- Large anatomically designed seat with back pad and multi-grip padded handlebars are designed for long-lasting comfort and support
- 2" x 1" LCD window clearly displays speed, distance, time, calories, and pulse
- 8 levels of manual resistance are easily controlled through the large dial tension know for users of all fitness levels
- Monitor your heart rate with handlebar mounted hand-pulse sensors to help you stay in your target heart rate.
Exerpeutic’s innovative design means that this folding exercise bike, with its tilting seat arrangement, can be used either as a regular exercise bike, or as a desk to offer the ultimate in multi-tasking. The desk attachment provides plenty of space for laptops and so on, while the optional armrests makes typing emails easy. The 8-level magnetic tension system produces variable intensity workouts, depending on your fitness levels.
What We Like
The option to work and exercise – easing the stress of work, whilst increasing the motivation to exercise, is a great idea, and the smooth pedal action doesn’t cause any distraction when on business calls and so on. Increasing or decreasing the tension for differing levels of intensity is impressively simple, whilst the LCD screen monitors your workout data with an easy-to-read display. The rapid folding away process produces a small footprint that’s no hassle to store out of sight.
What Needs Improving
The assembly instructions were a little unclear, and it took a few minutes to work out how the desk and drawer fitted together. But this doesn’t detract at all from the overall quality of this exercise bike.
If multi-tasking is your thing, this is the exercise bike for you! Offering the option to work whilst toning up is awesome, and this machine achieves it with confidence.
$262.61 in stock
- Sliding Desktop: large fully adjustable desktop with tilt, forward, back, up and down adjustability for sitting or standing positions. 3 angle adjustments (0, 16 and 33 degrees), 5 height adjustments 41" up to 45". Storage Drawer. Arm rest. LCD Computer
- Patented XBike Desk and Exercise Semi-Recumbent Bicycle. 2.5" Thick large AirSoft seat with extra comfort. Adjustable to fit 51 to 63 user height
- Weight capacity: 300 lbs. Semi-recumbent design for comfortable, effective workouts
- Folds up for storage. The bike can still fold up when fully assembled, with a foot print of 21.3" L x 25.5" W
- An 8 level Magnetic Tension control system allows the user to adjust the tension level for an easier or more difficult workout. The actual work surface is 24 inches (W) x 16 inches (H) and it can hold objects up to 44 pounds